- Do you understand most speakers easily and completely?
- Are you able to understand a speaker without seeing his/her face? What if the speaker is at a distance?
- Does your comprehension in noise remain largely the same as in quiet?
- Can you follow and participate in a group discussion?
- Are you able to use the telephone easily and with full comprehension of most speakers?
- Are you free of anxiety (related to communication) in new environments (e.g., phoning someone you don’t know, communicating in an unknown setting)?
- If you have recently received a second (bilateral) cochlear implant, is your speech understanding via the second implant as good as the first?